Here are some ways you can make sure you have a great day at PLAYDATE L. A.
Bring your own toys
You will want to have your own devices with you so you can play. Make sure they are fully charged. If you want, you can be a star and bring a power strip.
- Choose the sessions you want to attend from our schedule.
- If a session is full, try something else.
- Be flexible. Give your session a solid “college try” before you move on. If the session still isn't working for you, feel free to go to another one.
Our sessions depend on your participation. Please step up to the plate and offer to facilitate a session. We're counting on you to make the day a success.
Follow the rules
- They're more like guidelines. Here is a link to the guide for participants.
- If you want to win a prize, here are the rules for that:
- All participants at PLAYDATE L.A. will be entered in a drawing for one of our fabulous Grand Prizes: Admission to the National CUE Conference, March 15-18, 2017 OR Admission to the West L.A. GAFE Summit on October 15, 2016
- PLAYDATE L.A. participants are limited to 2 (two) prizes: the grand prize and one additional prize. Participants may enter multiple drawings, but are disqualified from all drawings except grand prize once they win any other prize.
- Participants must be present to win.
To enter the drawing for the prize(s) of your choice, please visit the Win page
Share with others
- Download software and apps you are interested in playing with before you come to PLAYDATE L.A.
- Log off the wi-fi or fully power down devices when you are not using them. If everyone has three or four devices on line, it will slow things down quite a bit.
- We want to learn by playing together. Share your learning but share questions as well.
- Tweet out your learning using the hashtag #playdatela. Lots of people who couldn't attend will be following us. Be generous. For added goodness, write a blog post after the event and share it.
- Upload any pictures or videos you take to our Google Plus event page.
Be a team player
- Fill out the evaluation after the event so we can make PLAYDATE L.A. even better in 2016.
- Build relationships. You will meet some new people. Get their information and stay in touch with them. Your personal learning network benefits from every new connection you make.
A few more things you might want to know:
The parking gate will be open. It is on your right just before you reach the National University building. Turn in and park anywhere you like. There is more parking behind the building than in front. Click on the image below for a larger version.
The building doors will not be open until 7:50 a.m. Registration begins at 8:30. We will be welcoming you and providing a continental breakfast in the 3rd floor student lounge.